Thursday, December 27, 2007

Coassin to the Crimson

New Hampshire Jr. Monarchs (EJHL) forward Rence Coassin has committed to Harvard for the fall of 2008. He is described by his current coach as follows: "I would say he might be one of the hardest working players I have ever coached."

Coassin, a left-shot center, is in his second year with the Monarchs after graduating from Choate in 2006. As a senior at Choate he was an assistant captain and was selected to the All-Founders League Team. He compiled a line of 10-17-27, good for third on the team, and was around the same point totals as Sam Bozoian and Joe Smith (junior at the time). Doug Rogers had a line of 25-37-62.

"I realized I wanted to attend Harvard when I was 11 years old and watched a family friend, Brett Nowak, play in his first Beanpot for Harvard,” stated Coassin. “Being able to go to a school with a nationally ranked hockey program and outstanding academics is a dream come true. I would like to thank Coach Donato and his coaching staff for giving me this unbelievable opportunity. I cannot wait to compete for a National and Beanpot Championship every year."

A 6’1”, 197 lb. native of Hamden, Conn., Coassin is a 2/20/88 birthdate. In 24 games with the Monarchs this season, he has a 8-9-17 line, good for 4th on the team.

My guess is that barring a real blue chipper, Harvard is likely done at forward for the Class of 2008.

Welcome to Harvard Rence!!

No comments: